FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for one or more components of our web applications. The end users of the applications include both internal stakeholders as well as external clients on multi-time zone, different internet speed distribution. In addition, you will be working side-by-side with other engineers on architecture, integration, and maintenance of the applications in order to keep up with the advancement of technology stacks. You will work with talented and experienced teams of product managers, designers, and engineers, and have the unique opportunity to contribute to product design and system scalability.
The Development Director and Project Manager
Full-time, 40 Hours per week
Philippines or GMT+8, 100% Work-from-home.
(planned M-W-F when return to physical workspace is possible in 2022)
(applicants from outside of Metro Manila welcome and encouraged).
at least 1 year
ABOUT THE ROLE
Under administrative supervision of the Development Director and Project Manager, this position is responsible for the development, deployment, and maintenance of cloud based SAAS platforms for our clients. Over time, the Full Stack Engineer may also be assigned as one of the lead developers on a project, and will be relied on to be a peer mentor to the other software engineers in the company.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 1 years experience in developing, deploying and maintaining B2C, B2B, or enterprise production level cloud and/or mobile applications.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of development technologies, operating systems (specifically Linux) and application environments (Ruby on Rails, Node.js, REACT.js), with an emphasis on the implementation of agile best practices.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are a huge plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL BE LIKE
- You'll develop complex apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- You'll develop using Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React and/or Vue and a variety of other supporting technologies such as Redux.js, CoffeeScript,
- You'll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- You'll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction & documentation
- Both learn new things from other team mates as well as improve how we do things
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have had experience writing Software used by lots of people
- You have had experience with a front end framework like React, Vue.js or AngularJS
- You have had experience with a backend technology like Node.js / Express, Ruby on Rails, Python / Flask / Django, etc.
- You've worked with, and have a good understanding of Database technologies, both SQL and NoSQL such as PostGres, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- You've worked with, and have a good understanding of Version Control, using git
- You've worked with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- You've worked with major cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- You're a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- You enjoy talking to clients and are good distilling technical information for a variety of roles within a business
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Basic understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
Not necessary but B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline is a plus.
OTHER CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.